Popular Posts

Popular Posts

About

Blogger templates

Wrong like Weeds


I found this flower in Wissam's garden.  A beautiful explosion of color, creative, breath taking.

And I am told that this flower is a weed.  A weed!?  How can something so beautiful be considered a weed.  And so I start to think more deeply...


This flower is a weed, considered wrong, not wanted.

How many people see others as "wrong", like weeds:
Muslims are wrong.
Christians are wrong.
Atheists are wrong.
Middle Easterns are wrong.
Africans are wrong
Westerners are wrong.

We see so many 'others' as wrong.  We don't want to see them; they are a weed, they are wrong.

But how can that be?  How can a human life be wrong?  How can we be so blind to see the unspeakable beauty inside you, inside me.  And when I put up walls of being right, how can I ever know the beautiful things I can learn, ways I can grow, the joy I can gain from ... when all I see as "wrong". 

This flower is beautiful.  How can it be wrong?   A life is beautiful, faith is beautiful, culture is beautiful, life is beautiful.  Get to know people, you'll be surprised how similar you are inside... it's hard to look a friend in the face and tell them that their existance, experience of life, understanding, is "wrong". 

We all hurt.  We all heal.  We all love.  We all feel.  So if the 'other' is a weed, then what does that make me?  Let me change how I see.

Let's learn to see more, let's stop judging before we've seen, the unspeakable beauty hidden underneath. 
< >

1 comment:

  1. oh please, give us a name for this weed! A name is something else that removes its weedlike status...

    ReplyDelete